Crivello Carlson, S.C. is a successor to a firm which began in 1940’s in the law practice of George Young, and was known as Young and Associates. The firm’s offices were located in the Empire Building in downtown Milwaukee, where the headquarters remain to this day. In the 1960’s, Young became a circuit court judge, and the partnership added John Ames, Young’s nephew, Daniel Riordan and Frank Crivello and became Ames, Riordan & Crivello.
The firm experienced tremendous growth and change during the 1980’s. In 1989, the firm changed from a partnership to its current status as a service corporation. Growth continued in the 1990’s and the firm was part of several significant cases that made national headlines. In 1993, the City of Milwaukee was hit by the largest recorded outbreak of cryptosporidiosis in history. The firm assisted in the defense of the City against the large class action status sought by various plaintiffs. The firm also assisted in the successful defense of Lampson International’s Transi-Lift Crane (nicknamed “Big Blue”) in the 1999 crash of the crane during construction of Milwaukee’s Miller Park baseball stadium.
In 2007, the firm celebrated two significant milestones that hallmark its continued expansion and growth:
- The firm shortened its name to Crivello Carlson, S.C., to help present a more consistent brand and image in the marketplace.
- The Houston office opened its doors to serve its growing base of clients in the south. We look forward to many years of continued service to our clients.